Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Gas Lines

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Gas Lines

It was flashback to the 70's this morning. I had to run a couple errands this morning - post office and bank - and you couldn't get down main street. There was a line pretty much all the way down through town. I wondered what the hell was going on - then I drove past the gas station. Gas jumped over 50 cents overnight - in anticipation of Ike closing down the gas pipe lines I guess. People were just nuts wanting to be sure they go theirs. Thankfully I put gas in the car a while ago and still have over half a tank. That should last me for a bit - until this whole thing blows over. It's amazing though, they say that the gas stations are pumping gas they actually bought months ago - that's the reason the price didn't drop as fast as the cost of a barrel of oil. Yet it sure went up awful fast - and the price of barrel of oil hasn't really gone up this morning - hmmm! - I wonder how they'll explain that one.

It finally rained here this morning. It was thunder and lightning for most of the night, but it didn't start raining until early this morning. They weatherman says we're going to have rain on and off for the next three days. I had to turn on the air for a bit this morning to take some of the humidity out ot the air.

I've got a lot yet to today, so I guess I better get to it......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004