Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Cool Monday Morning

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Cool Monday Morning

It was a quiet weekend here at Frog Central. I heard from AB first thing Saturday morning - she's in Cape May - how Victorian! I used to live in that area and would love to go back for a visit. I think gas prices are generally going to be high though through the winter, so maybe next year. The weather here was hot on Saturday and so I decided not to go out to check out any of the surrounding old home days which were taking place. The remnants of hurricane Ike blew through on Sunday and things were very windy and rainy for a bit. A couple small limbs fell off the tree but nothing major. The people along the coast were not so lucky. I was listening to NPR this morning and people were upset that FEMA had not made it there with ice. Apparently some mix-up between the federal, state, and local officials. AGAIN! They really need to get things straightened out.

This morning things are cool. The temps dropped into the 50's overnight and it's supposed to bounce back into the 70's by this afternoon. Nothing is on the schedule for today, but I'd like to get out to Walmart to do a little bit of shopping. I ran out of hot chocolate and that's my morning eye opener. Petey, my cockatiel (I really have to get a picture of her up), was up early whistling for me. Through half-open eye lids I got her out of her cage and put her on my shoulder. As I filled her food dish she's saying "thank you." I've been working with her to say thank you for a long time. Only recently is she taking to talking as well as whistling.

Enough procrastinating - it's time to get the day started. Rather a late start today and I really want to do is crawl back into bed....... zzzzz.....zzzzzz.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004