Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Bluegrass Weekend

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Bluegrass Weekend

This weekend was definitely a busy one. The weather here was gorgeous and it was one of the last big festival weekends in town. Saturday morning I headed out to the apple festival, mostly to get an apple dumpling. One of the local churches makes several thousand and you have to get there early or they may run out. I was lucky and ate one there and got another to bring home to enjoy Sunday. After spending a bit of time checking out the booths and tables it was time to move on to hear some bluegrass out in the park. It wasn't nearly as packed as I thought it would be (everyone was at the apple festival), but still a nice crowd. The players are broken up into groups and spread themselves out around the campground section of the park and it was fun to listen to some different groups.

The camp ground section of the park always makes me laugh. The park is located on the edge of town - a whole mile away from downtown proper. The local people here, in town, rent the campground spaces - and the spaces come with rather large trailers that probably sleep six. And this is the part that truly gets me - they rent them so that they can get away from the city! I roll on the floor laughing everytime someone says that. They honestly don't go home - did I happen to mention it's 1 mile away - so they stop their mail and newspaper deliveries. They stock up on groceries - there's a supermarket right outside the park! And they think they're roughing it in the wilds of Illinois.

I needed a good laugh this morning.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004