Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Autumnal Equinox

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Autumnal Equinox

Happy Autumn! While that may be the big news generally, my calendar has other ideas - today is Hobbit Day. I enjoyed the books and liked the movies about the hobbits, and I'm sure somewhere in the world people are donning their costumes, ready to celebrate the day.

The weather finally cleared up here at Frog Central, and today's temps are going to the mid-80's. After so many days with the air conditioner off and windows open, I think this afternoon it will be back on.

I opened up my refrigerator last night to a large pop - the light blew. I now realize how much you depend on that little light. When I walk in to the kitchen to get a drink or raid the ice box I never turn on a light. Even in the dead of night it's just one of those trips you don't need an overhead light for because once you get to the fridge you open the door and voila!, there's a built in little light to guide your way. It's disappointing to open the door and not being able to see what you have. And how can that little piece of chocolate cake in the back, behind the jar applesauce properly call to you. It's all so disheartening. So I'm running out now to get a new little light for my refrigerator. No call from chocolate cake should ever go unheard......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004