Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Heat Advisories

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Monday, August 04, 2008

Heat Advisories

This morning I had a couple errands to run and since we're under a heat advisory I ran out as quick as possible. CVS was having a great sale and while there I found a nice photo album which I've already filled with quite a few pictures of the Frog Wrangler. Later this week I should receive the shadow box I purchased on-line.

I also drove by the post office - the first of the month bills all had to be mailed out. I decided to swing by McDonalds on the way home and get one of those McGriddle sandwiches. They're pretty tasty and one of the few things for which I'd actually go to McDonalds.

The heat index today is supposed to be 107, tomorrow 105 - that's just a bit too hot for me. I need to do some grocery shopping but it's going to have to wait until a break in the weather.

So I received calls from three of my closest friends yesterday all wanting to know how I'm doing. That's a tough question to answer. The Wrangler and I were pretty much constant companions for 15 years and it's all the small things that get me. I went to order a pizza the other night, but caught myself because the Wrangler always liked to munch on a piece of the crust. Or just walking from room to room and not having a shadow bumping into me when I stop. When I sit in my chair, there's no immediate head in my lap wanting to be petted. Those are the moments that are tough. My comfort is that I did right by Shadow - The Frog Wrangler - and that brings me peace of mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004