Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Still Hot!

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Still Hot!

The temperature was 82 degrees when I got up this morning. That doesn't bode well for the rest of the day I'm afraid. Thankfully, the swelling has gone down a bit from the abscessed tooth. Still waiting to hear from the doctor's office, but that's not unusal here in no-man's land. It can take weeks to get a call back. They say that if it gets too bad to go to the emergency room. Here in the heartland you have to be from hardy stock I guess. As the old adage goes, what doesn't kill you.... oh my god, another day living in the midst of where you can't get a doctor's appointment for weeks..... LOL!

The amaretto fruitcake didn't turn out well the other day, so today I'm putting up another batch of fruit to try again. It has a very strong almond flavor, which is the essence of the amaretto, but it will need a good six weeks of mellowing to really tell the flavor - and of course six weeks of stewing in brandy. It will soon be time to turn to my tried and tested Christmas fruitcake. I can hardly wait! I should start taking pre-orders.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004