Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Fruitcake Saturday

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Fruitcake Saturday

Today I finally got busy making my new recipe - Amaretto Fruitcake. The loaves have come out of the oven and now I'm waiting for them to cool completely so I can wrap them with brandy soaked cheesecloth. Candied cherries and pineapple are the major fruits and it is a white rather than dark cake. I'm looking forward to tasting!

The weather cleared up last evening and the fireworks in town went off without a hitch. I stayed home with the Frog Wrangler and watched them on television. I don't know - they didn't seem as spectacular as in years past. The best were the Boston Pops, but they don't play during the fireworks any longer. And I'll never understand why, during the climax of the display, they cut to show someone in the audience oohing and aahing. Very poor directors.

My July 4th celebration included sausage with peppers and onions - yum! Of course some ice cream to keep cool.

Hope your weekend is going well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004