Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: The Frog Wrangler (1993 - 2008)

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Frog Wrangler (1993 - 2008)


Shadow
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino
Here on the blog I called her The Frog Wrangler - but to me and those who knew her best, she was called Shadow. Many people thought I named her that because of her color. That never figured into the equation. The day I rescued her from the pound she threw her front paws around me and for the last 15 years she's pretty much had done the same - all day, every day. She was indeed my Shadow. If I moved from one room to another, she had to follow. She slept on my bed, practically on top of me until she could no longer get on the bed - then she slept right next to me on the floor. If I was in my chair she would crawl into my lap wanting to be held. Shadow was my constant companion. I kenneled her a few times over the years but the kennels soon started refusing to take her - she was too upset by my absence. Living alone, she was my company.

Today she went to get up from a nap and couldn't stand up. Her legs had failed her and this time it was for the last time. I held her one last time as the vet put her to sleep. She went quickly and peacefully. It had been tough for her these last months and she was ready to go. I had to be strong enough to let her go - and I did.

I will miss her terribly. May God watch over her till I see her again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004