Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Tornado Warnings!

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Tornado Warnings!


More Rain
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino
Living here in southern Illinois, or indeed in the heartland generally, thunderstorms can be a scary event. As a kid on the east coast I loved watching a good thunderstorm, but here that means tornadoes. This morning I woke up to the tornado sirens wailing. I got up and turned on the local television station (which is actually a two hour drive from here!) because a drop of rain and they stop all programming and run storm coverage. They did not dissapoint. A tornado was on the ground in the town just to the west of here - a mere 10 miles away and was headed right Tidy Town! I got my shoes on and put the Frog Wrangler in her cage (it's in a very safe area and she can no longer traverse the cellar steps) and I headed to the basement. What a way to start your day! Thankfully the tornado turned south and by-passed here by a couple of miles. We did get a little hail - but not the baseball sized hail that was dropping with the tornado. So now it's become another day of rain - just what we need....

Hope your day is starting better. Notice the screen patch in the picture....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004