Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: George Carlin has died

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Monday, June 23, 2008

George Carlin has died

Was sad to hear the news this morning that George Carlin had died. The first comedy record I ever purchased - and yes, those of old enough to remember, you used to buy the comedy routines on records, sometimes even 8 tracks if you liked Belle Barth (but that's another story) - so the first comedy album was indeed George Carlin. I listened to CNN this morning and all they can talk about is his 7 words you can't say on television routine. While that was indeed a newsmaker, there is so much more to his body of work, especially that of the last 15 years or so. The last stand-up routine I saw of his on tv was hysterical - the man had the patter and made you think.

Here in Tidy Town I ran out this morning to run a couple errands. I have to go out this afternoon to pick up my prescriptions at CVS. It is hot out - I was dripping in sweat when I got home. I miss air conditioning in the car. So I've finally got cooled off from this morning - and so has the Frog Wrangler. She was all overheated when I got home because she has to bark the whole time I'm gone. The Wrangler really surprised me though when she brought me her treat. She hasn't wanted to play for a month or more. Not that we really played - I held one end of the toy, she held the other. After a minute she gave up and went and layed down. Next week she'll turn 15 and she's doing pretty good for her age.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004