Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Frog of the Day

I have a new obsession. I was running around the channels on the television the other day and came across something called the Green Planet channel. There are lots of green living ideas all day long and it's great to see homes that people have done. I loved the family that build their home against a mountain side which keeps them cool during the heat of the day. And built their house out of concrete so it absorbs the heat and keeps them warm at night. Add in a phenomenal solar panel system and they live totally off the grid. And their furnace has only been on twice - to check that it still worked! A great channel - do check it out.

Last night I was walking down the hall and I hear this ungodly banging noise coming from the other side of the cellar door. I might have thought it was my resident ghost, except that I've heard that noise before. The attic fan went off center and the blades were hitting the wire cage that surrounds it. It's funny that you can't hear it in the house, except in the cellarway - yet outside it sounds like a trolley is coming down on you clanging it's bells for all it's worth. I hope it wasn't clanging for too long last night! I turned off the fan and let it set overnight. I turned it back on this morning and it seems to be working fine - go figure. The same thing happened last summer.

This frog item is the third in the set from Direct International. This is Speak No Evil. This was a cute little set I found this last month while out and about shopping. I think it's funny that what used to be a classic monkey theme has transferred to frogs. I have a lot of sets with the Hear, Speak, See No Evil theme.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004