Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Flowers and Birds

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Flowers and Birds

I spent some time outside this morning sitting on my bench, sipping a cup of hot chocolate. It was nice to take in the birds playing in the hibiscus. A couple baby cardinals were especially interested in seeing what I was doing while momma and pappa cardinal watched closely. Several robins hopped around close by. Overhead the cooing of the mourning doves. I love watching the birds. And since saturday I've had the pleasure of the daylillies blooming. The larger clump started with 9 spikes of flowers, and has since added 2 additional spikes. The smaller clump, which is the more exotic colors, only has 1 spike at the moment, but it does bloom later than the yellow ones. All in all it was quite an enjoyable morning. It has started to get a bit warm out, but thankfully we've been getting really cool nights this week. It makes for a nice break from the heat, a chance to open the windows and get some fresh air in the house. The Frog Wrangler especially loves sitting at the window screen keeping track of what is going on outside. For a Wednesday, middle of the week, we're both having a pretty good day for a change. Let's not jinx it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004