Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Flooding

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Flooding

I'm watching the evening news and they're showing the flooding in Indianapolis. Here in Illinois were dealing with much the same. The local news was really nothing more than a list of everything, including churches, that is going to be closed tomorrow. I haven't been out and about today - it's 92 degrees and I don't have air conditioning in my car - so I haven't seen anything first hand. Here in Tidy Town I live on the only elevated piece of land. The few feet of elevation that I enjoy has meant that I'm known as the guy who lives on the hill. Coming from the mountains and valleys of Pennsylvania, that makes me laugh. Thankfully, my basement is dry.

So Big Brown didn't win today. He's a beautiful horse and I'm sure will still make the owners a lot of money in stud fees. And that's a happy ending for Big Brown too. I was reading an article recently about the world of horse racing in Puerto Rico - if a horse doesn't win, it is often euthenized. What a shame. Absolutely nothing wrong with the horse except it didn't win a race. There are some locals trying to save as many horses as they can. They really need to have an organization like they have here in the U.S. that works to find homes for unsucessful race horses.

The Frog Wrangler was none too enthused when the camera came out - as a matter of fact she ran to her cage in the bedroom - as much to say leave me alone. So that's exactly what I'll do. She's had a so-so week with the heat. Even with the air conditioning running in the house, she still seems to really feel the effects of the heat. Of course her trips outside are kept to the absolute minimum.

Have a good rest of the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004