Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: An evening without electric

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Saturday, June 07, 2008

An evening without electric

Yesterday was a severe weather warning day - and when the warning became reality, it was spectacular. I was up until about 2 this morning, shoes on and ready to go to the basement. Thankfully, the Frog Wrangler never learned the fear of thunderstorms and she slept through most of it. This house shook, and shook violently, until that 2 o'clock hour. Of course the electric went out early. Which leaves nothing much to do but watch the lightning strikes. The power of mother nature is awesome, to say the least.

It wasn't all that long ago that while in college I thought nothing of pulling all-nighters. I don't think I even remember my head hitting the pillow last night. For a second night, I actually got a pretty good night's worth of sleep. After this last week of feeling sick to my stomach all the time, things have finally calmed down. I have to tell you, I have candied ginger in the house that I use in baking. A small piece when you have an upset stomach and it settles it down pretty quick.

The Frog Wrangler didn't get her moment in the spotlight yesterday because of the power outage - if she feels up to it, I'll get a picture up of her later today. The temps here are in the high 80's and 90's with high humidity. That really slows her down even further - if such a thing is possible! It's really slows the both of us down. Even a little bit of work tires you out quick. I feel sorry for all of those who have to work outside - I know I couldn't do it. Just the thought of it makes me think I ought to go pour a tall glass of iced tea and sit back and relax a bit..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004