Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Emergency Warning Tones

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Emergency Warning Tones

How many times did you hear those emergency warning tones on television and radio? It happens all the time - then the announcer comes and says this has been a test of the emergency broadcast system...... Today I actually heard the tones followed by emergency information to get to you safe area in the house immediately! So off I went. Neither the Wrangler nor I are enjoying this spring/summer weather. More storms, more rain - the news today showed wide-spread flooding across the whole mid-west here. Thankfully no loss of power - it's in the 90's here and way to hot to be without air conditioning.

And so this new weeks starts much the way last week ended. It's a story that's really starting to get old.

I did hear on the news that Bush is again pressing for drilling in Alaska - it was good to hear CNN talk about it - and the fact that any drilling there will take 10 years before it ever makes it to our cars - TEN YEARS! Hopefully by then we'll be well into electric cars and other fuel alternatives. The amount there is enough to last 3 months. I'd much rather leave the wildlife in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004