Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: OMG - More Rain

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

OMG - More Rain

Hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day. It rained here - and it rained today - and I'll go out on a limb and say it will probably rain again tomorrow! A lot of thunder and lightning so I've had the computer off for most of the day. A tornado touched down in a field just east of here. It was far enough away that the sirens didn't go off. If you saw CNN's live coverage of a tornado ripping up a pig farm this last weekend, you know why those sirens are so important to heed when they go off. With any luck you get at least a couple minutes notice. Since I've moved to Illinois I've seen a number of wall clouds - what they say can be the start of the tornado - and while a number of them have been within a close proximity (less than a mile or two) I've never seen one coming at me. And I'd like to keep it that way! LOL

I baked off some tropical fruitcake this last weekend - yummy! I need to put an order in for the fruit for the Christmas fruitcake - that has to sit for 6 to 8 weeks in rum soaks - so I want to get a jump on it soon. I finally touched base today with AB - I hadn't heard from her in over a week. She's in the process, with her hubby, of redoing their master bathroom. Sounds like fun - NOT!

Tonight Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are finally back after a week off. This last week I tried watching Letterman and just couldn't do it. His jokes and bits are the same things he was doing 5 years ago (or longer).

I heard last night from my friend EH who lives in Mississippi. He planted a garden a little over a month ago. He's already had hot peppers and cucumbers on his table. And tomato plants that are about 6 feet tall! He'll be canning for a month of Sundays once they start ripening.

Oh well, tomorrow's another day - as I tell the Frog Wrangler every night as I turn out the lights and head to the bedroom - we'll do it all again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004