Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Monday Morning

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Monday, May 05, 2008

Monday Morning

I did quite a bit yesterday. I spent the morning cutting up fruit for a tropical fruitcake. This is a new recipe and I hope it will taste great. The fruit is now soaking in the rum and tomorrow I'll be making the cake batter and baking them off. Yesterday afternoon I decided to make some French vanilla ice cream. This batch turned out better than the last batch but still tastes a bit too much like whipped cream for my taste. I'll keep looking and trying recipes and enjoy eating the mistakes! lol

This morning I woke up about three with my back about as bad as it's been. I alternated between sitting on the side of the bed and laying down trying to catch little naps. When I got up this morning my hands were so swollen and sore I couldn't do all the morning things one does first thing in the morning. A lot of the swelling has gone done now but the finger joints are still stiff and sore. Such is life with arthritis.

The Frog Wrangler was sore this morning too. She whined for her aspirin shortly after waking up. Oh the fun of trying to open a child-proof cap! The Wrangler's feeling better and resting comfortably. She came over and plopped her head on my leg and rolled her eyes up at me as if to say you'll be better soon too. So we're going to take it a bit easy today - nothing much is on the schedule that can't be put off until another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004