Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: I'm finally home!

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Friday, May 23, 2008

I'm finally home!

I left out early this morning to run errands and I finally - at 2:30 this afternoon, finally made it back home. I made it to the bank and post office - being accosted everywhere today by old ladies selling poppies. They were at the end of the drive through teller lane at the bank, they stood in front of the mail drop off boxes at the post office. They were none to pleased when I said "No thanks" to the cries for donation. Now if they wanted to donate to me that would be a different story.....

The run to CVS took over an hour because of the number of people getting their prescriptions filled. I would have left and gone back another day but I ran out my blood pressure pills yesterday - I really needed them (see previous paragraph re: old ladies selling poppies!). So I walked around and around the new CVS and marveled at how expensive everything was. They have a freezer section with these quart containers of ice cream for six bucks! They must think people are just crazy enought to pay that! No thanks. Finally I was on to my last errand. To pick out my new lift chair.

I originally hadn't thought of doing this today but this morning I came out to sit and sleep in my chair and the back gave away and I ended up flat out on my back. About a half hour later I finally made it back to a sitting position and decided that was that. I can't sleep all night in bed because of the pain it causes my back and now I don't have a chair to sleep in. So hopefully, sometime next week, my new lift chair will be here - fully electric so I can't get stuck again. Oh I had a good laugh for a bit this morning, but the realization that I live alone and couldn't get up soon wasn't so funny. I was right next to the phone but I just couldn't see dialing 911 to say "I'm flat on my back and can't get up!" Especially since the newspaper prints everything - I'd be front page news! LOL

Needless to say, the Frog Wrangler and I are both exhausted (well, I am and she's not arguing with me) and are off to take a nap! Maybe we'll be back with a pic of her a bit later - if not, we'll catch up tomorrow.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004