Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Human Rights

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Human Rights

Instead of my usual ramblings, today is a day when the blogosphere unites to remind people of human rights abuses around the world. Whether the long standing problems in Darfur or the newest tragedy in Burma, too often we let these tragedies pass before our eyes on the evening news with never a further thought. Today is set aside by bloggers to ask people to think of the suffering that is going on in the world and to promise to take action - however small - to alleviate the daily horrors that make up these peoples' lives. I wish I was more eloquent to describe the problems and could move you to action with a few words. But if it were that easy, it would have already been done. Instead, I ask you to go to Amnesty International and spend some time reading through their top priorities. It is daunting. It is heartbreaking. It is necessary. One person alone may not be able to change the tide of inhumanity, but together we can change lives from despair to hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004