Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Fruitcake Tuesday

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Fruitcake Tuesday

After yesterday it was nice to wake up this morning feeling a bit better. Especially since I had a whole day of baking ahead of me. I'm working on a Tropical Fruitcake recipe. Today was the first attempt and it came out pretty good. Some adjustments to spices need to be made and a couple fruit and nut substitutions are in order. When you're trying to put together approximately 30 ingredients it takes a couple of tries to get everything perfect. But when it gets there, it's fantastic - just ask anyone who has tried my Traditional Dark Fruitcake this last Christmas. After 6 weeks in a rum bath it is to die for! Now if I get a summer tropical fruit blend that's just as good - I'll be very happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004