Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: A busy day indeed

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

A busy day indeed

I don't think I slept a wink last night - all I did was toss and turn trying to get into a comfortable position - 5 minutes later the pain would be so bad I couldn't stand it and I'd turn over. So this morning I decided to have a cup of coffee before I headed out to wake me up. I haven't had coffee in probably the last 15 years or so. I got out the coffee maker and thankfully the coffee sample had direction on it. Yuck! It took me drinking water all day to get the taste out of my mouth. I made it down the road and took a tour of the community college and met some of the staff members. Me and about 20 others looking to score the same teaching position. Ah well, we'll see what happens. Afterwards I headed over the farmer's produce market - nothing exciting. They stick to local items, which is great, but nothing local has really come into season yet.

The rainy weather that has been here for about a month now has made the national news. Farmer's can't get their corn in and are almost about to the time where it's no longer viable to plant it. The news is not good for food prices. Here in southern Illinois it's all corn and soy beans.

Harvey Korman has died - it was fun to watch him crack up on The Carol Burnett Show - Tim Conway got him every time! This on the heels of the news that they guy who did the Andy Griffith Show theme song - he wrote and whistled it - died earlier this week - he also wrote the theme music to a lot of shows of the 60's and 70's - The Dick Van Dyke Show, among others.

Tomorrow is Friday and I'm looking forward to the end of this week. Besides, there's a barbecue this weekend! Pork Burgers all around......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004