Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Waiting for the pain killers to work

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Waiting for the pain killers to work

Yesterday I spent relaxing and enjoying the feel of the air conditioner keeping the Frog Wrangler and I cool. The plumber showed up Tuesday night and pulled apart from the air conditioner and said the problem was that I had a pregnant capacitor - I jokingly said does that mean I'll be having baby air conditioners. He was not amused and started a long explanation of just what a pregnant capacitor was - I really didn't care as long as it was fixed. Being that the house is so small, when you run the oven it heats up the place quick. So after he left I put some pork chops in the oven and ended up turning on the air for about an hour to cool the place back off.

Yesterday the temps were in the 80's here and really muggy, so by the afternoon I had the windows closed and the air on - I tell you, it was fixed just in the nick of time! Today is supposed to be really muggy so I'm just leaving the air on until after the rains. Then it will hopefully be back to a little more seasonable weather.

I planned on going to the circus this morning to watch the tents go up, but my back had other plans. So instead I decided to get my list out for making tropical fruitcake and getting my order in for the fruits and nuts. The recipe looks delicious and I can't wait to find out how this is going to taste. In the meantime, I'm sitting here waiting for the pain killers to kick in so I can get this day started......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004