Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Ice Cream

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ice Cream

I don't know what it is about that yummy treat, but it is one of my favorites. Every now and then I love to go down to the DQ and get one of their Blizzard treats. Ice cream has become really expensive to buy in the supermarket and so much of it tastes like the box it came in. So one of the first attachments I wanted for my KitchenAid mixer was for making ice cream. Today the UPS guy showed up with a present from AB - the ice cream maker for my KitchenAid. I've got the bowl in the freezer getting ready and tomorrow morning I'm going to go get the things I need to make some vanilla ice cream. I thought that would be a good way to get started. Yumm - I haven't had homemade ice cream since I was a kid and we would watch my grandfather turn the hand crank, packing down the ice and rock salt - how things have changed - only 25 to 30 minutes of the machine doing all the work and I'll have a 1/2 gallon of ice cream ready to enjoy. I can hardly wait. Thanks AB!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004