Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Thursday Afternoon

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursday Afternoon

Is it only afternoon. I'm going in to take a nap very shortly but wanted to put up a quick entry. Yesterday here was excellent - almost 70 degrees! I went out in the morning to get the car serviced. A quick oil change and all the fluid levels and tire pressures checked. The best $24 you can spend on your car. So everything was set for the MRI this morning. I was up a little after 4 this morning to pack up and get on the road by 5:30. It was a 2 hour drive over to the hospital - the place is very impressive - and it was nice to be back in a bigger city. Malls and shopping everywhere you looked. I wish I had a week to look around!

I can now say I know what sausage feels like being shoved into the casing. Good Lord! The technician said that it would be a tight fit - that was the understatement of the century! I kept expecting them to run the machine back and forth to force me in. But I slid right in and my nose was about 2 inches from the top of the tube. I know why people who are claustrophic have problems with that test. I thought I was going to freak out! Modern medicine is wonderful, isn't it? I was in there for a little over an hour. It took two people to get me back upright (and a bit of a scream or two - what I've come to calling screamercise - I told them not to worry, it happens every morning trying to get out of bed - they started laughing so hard I thought they were going to lose me on to the floor!).

So the Frog Wrangler was not happy I was gone for a full six hours. And that is quite a bit of time for her to go without an outside trip. She made a quick bee-line for the door, but didn't stay out long as she wanted to check me over. I think we both now need a nap. Later.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004