Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: TGIF

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Friday, March 07, 2008

TGIF

It turns out, according to last night paper, that here at Frog Central we ended up being pretty lucky. As of last night almost 350 houses were still without power - that's a full 3 days with temperatures in the 20 to 40 degree range. Brrr! The Frog Wrangler was nonplussed by all the excitement - all she knew was that a giant branch was in her way when she wanted to go out. Thankfully that, as well as much of the rest of the smaller branches all over the yard got picked up. Things have slowed down a bit. This afternoon I should be receiving, finally, my prescriptions for the MRI on my back and the lift chair. With the condition of my back going from bad to worse I hope I'll be able to get in for the MRI early this next week.

A friend of mine, NC, is on her way into surgery and I want to wish her good luck and a speedy recovery. I should also give well wishes to MG and his entire family who are down with the flu - they say this year's version of the flu is really bad, and from the sounds, they're getting the full effect.

I woke up this morning listening to the radio - NPR, of course - which originates about an hour due south. They were talking about snow on the ground - up to five inches or more by the time it's all done. I didn't want to get out of bed. But lo and behold - no snow here! It all stayed just south of here. You gotta love it when the snow stays south and the warmer temps to the north.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004