Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: A quiet Sunday morning

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

A quiet Sunday morning

Things have been a little lazy here this morning. I was up about 6 a.m. and spent some time outside on the bench - it was that warm here. The Frog Wrangler had fun sniffing around and checking to be sure all her areas were still her own (there has been a dog running loose from down the street that has marked a couple of her bushes - and the funniest thing ever has been watching her trying to cover up those markings with her own). I love sitting there and listening to the birds. A flock of geese flew overhead honking for all they were worth. A beautiful sound and hopefully another harbonger of spring. I also heard the mourning doves for the first time in a while. Of course the shrill call of the cardinals is a near constant. And while finches and chicadees played in the hibiscus hedge, the rat-a-tat of woodpecker was working furiously in the neighbors tree. I was glad to see the woodpecker back. It was here right after I first moved in and it was hysterical to watch it pecking away all day at a telephone pole. The only thing that would have made this cacophony of sound complete would have been some deep croacking of some frogs. Maybe as the weather gets warmer.

I can't wait to get out and do some cleaning up in the flower beds. AB told me her bulbs are starting to push through and so I had to go check on mine and indeed the daffodils are up about an inch. The daylillies are just beginning to poke through. All signs point to spring and after getting the heating bill yesterday - it can't come too soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004