Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: More rain again today

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

More rain again today

Here at Frog Central, located in southern Illinois, we had 10 to 12 inches or rain yesterday and last night. It was still raining lightly this morning when the Frog Wrangler went out - on the upside she smells really nice after getting a number of "showers" - the weather forecast is for the rain to pick up through the afternoon and last through into the evening. The news has had some really dramatic pictures. Most everything around here is shut down because you simply can't get to it. I feel sorry for the school kids because they'll be going to school all summer to make up for all the days they've had off. One local school has already cancelled their spring break to make up a number of the days. Police are again telling people to stay home and off the roads.

I know when I went out yesterday afternoon a lot of the road were flooding - things are very flat here. So add even more water through the evening and overnight - yikes! My car would disappear. Any plans I had for today I decided to cancel and follow the police pleas and stay home. The Frog Wrangler will be happy for that (she's currently pulled her pillow over the heating vent and is laying on top of it - nice to have warm place to lay down).

I'm still a bit awed (and a bit freaked out) that I heard from the Christopher Radko headquarters - kind of cool, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004