Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Happy Easter

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter


Kitchen Aid
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino
Well the Easter bunny arrived and look what he brought me! How did he know I needed a new mixer. I burned out the last one making my last batch of fruitcake over this last Christmas season. I like the Kitchen Aid because it has a switch that won't let it overheat - it will automatically shut off. This is their professional model - the 600 series - and has a good size, 6 quart bowl. With a large number of rebates, coupons, and finding it on sale - you won't believe this - I paid about one-third the retail price! I can't wait to start baking!

The weather here turned a bit colder over this weekend. Yesterday there were some threats of snow, but thankfully none materialized. I went out to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription and to swing by the post office. I didn't leave early enough to hit the bank, so I missed one of the first barbecues of the season. Oh well, there's another one next weekend......

Hope everyone has a Happy Easter - enjoy the chocolate. There was a special on the food channel last night that told how a lot of the Easter candy is made - really interesting. And the majority of people will eat the ears of the chocolate bunnies first. Hey, a good idea..... but I think I'd rather have some breakfast first. Today is going to be a pancake and sausage day. I haven't made them in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004