Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Fruitcake, Telebaking and other such stuff

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Fruitcake, Telebaking and other such stuff

Told you I'd be back with news and an update. The last several days have been filled with making fruitcake. I love a good fruitcake and this year AB and I decided to make our own. So we did what we are calling telebaking. She lives in New Jersey and I'm in Illinois - so we compared our progress as we went along via telephone. 31 ingredients in total went into making the fruitcake. Several days of soaking fruit, making the cake and letting it set overnight - and finally a morning of baking. The loaves are now wrapped in cheesecloth that has been soaked in rum. Six weeks from now - right before Christmas - good eating will be had!

I was going to write about this yesterday but I got involved in a writing project and lost track of time. And with the writer's strike there is nothing on television - so I just left the tv off and kept writing. The next thing I knew it was 11 pm. I was up early this morning and did a quick revision here and there and sent a proposal and abstract off to be approved. I went out to put it in the mailbox at 8:30 this morning so the mailman could take it when he comes - and there he was! I couldn't believe it. One day I get the mail at 6 pm and the next day first thing in the morning. That's the way it goes in Tidy Town.

The Frog Wrangler is whining this morning. I took a piece of hard candy from the candy dish and she came running over thinking that she should have some too. So the morning has been spent with her yelling at me and me saying no way.

Yesterday afternoon the furniture company showed up to look at my La-z-boy chair. Their warranty is a piece of crap but hopefully it will be finally fixed. The parts should be here in a couple weeks. Let's hope for the best.

It's weird not having a frog of the day - or a frog with this post. Sunday I saw a couple frogs at Walmart and this coming Sunday I may pick up. Don't forget to send me pictures of your frogs and I'll showcase them here as Guest Frog of the Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004