Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Guest Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Guest Frog of the Day


Frog Backpack
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino
The first of August - this summer is flying! It was a bit cooler overnight last night here at Frog Central, but the temps are heading back into the mid-90's. The hibiscus hedge is really in full bloom now and it was nice to sit and watch the wildlife playing in and around the bushes for a bit this morning. Along with a number of cardinals, mourning doves, and the white squirrel that were in abundance this morning, the last couple of days has brought a large number of butterflies - they look like the Monarch butterfly, but I understand there are a number of species that look close, so I wouldn't say for sure. It's definitely one of the advantages of living in a small town.

Today we have another Guest Frog of the Day! Lessie Mae lives in North Carolina and sent me this picture of a Frog Backpack that she picked up at her local Kohl's store. She tells me the frog is hugging a nice sized fleece blanket and that she can't wait to give it to her nephew. It sounds like frog collecting is a family affair there for Lessie Mae in North Carolina. Thanks for sharing Lessie Mae!

It is a lot of fun seeing what you the blog reader have in your collection. Click on the write me link there in the right hand column and send me a picture of your favorite frog - or one of your whole collection!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004