Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Frog of the Day


Talavera Frog
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino
The Frog Wrangler knows that something is up today. I was up early, got all my coupons ready, double-checked my shopping list and am awaiting the arrival of a taxi. I'm spending the day at Walmart! lol I've got a list a mile long and a ton of coupons - I'll let you know how I make out tomorrow with savings. The temperatures have finally broken here - it's only supposed to be in the 80's today. We're heading back into a foray of 90's, but only for a short period (keep your fingers crossed). I watched Graham Norton last night on television - he is hysterical. Other than that, there was a hundred plus channels of crap. I've been seeing the ads for the new survivor season, that looks really interesting. I got the new wheels for the walker yesterday! I can't tell you how happy I am. I no longer feel like I'm going down a concrete road with it's rhythmic thumping - I'm riding as smooth as blacktop!

This frog is not part of my collection. This is a ceramic Talavera Frog. It is hand-made in Mexico using methods that the Spanish brought over in the 16th century. Talavera refers to the finish of the piece. This frog is named Lily and it is large - 15 inches long, 13 inches wide, and 3 inches high. Pretty reasonably priced too at $33. You can find this and couple other Talavera Frogs at Fine Crafts Imports.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004