Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Frog of the Day

The oppressive heat has dissipated a bit - at least during the overnight hours. So last night I went to open some windows only to be met with the sweet scent of the neighborhood skunk! So down went the windows. It was still good sleeping weather and I was shocked to roll over thinking I had been asleep for about a half hour only to find that it was just after 6 a.m. and the Frog Wrangler was standing next to the bed watching me in anticipation of going out. So as much as I wanted to just bury my head under the covers, once the eyes have opened and the Wrangler has seen it, you're getting up - one way or another. Well I guess since I'm up I should really get busy doing some chores......

This frog item is a pin from PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) protesting animal dissection. In a lot of biology classrooms this fall, frogs will be dissected. This is totally unnecessary however since there are computer simulation programs that give children the same experience without the needless slaughter of frogs. And I don't know about you, but the two years of dissecting different animals in high school did nothing for me except keep me nauseas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004