Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Frog of the Day


Indoneasian Flying Frog
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino
We're back - cooking with gas, as the saying goes. The computer got an overhaul yesterday and while still offering a bit of trouble, I was able to get it up and running this morning. Not so yesterday morning, at all! It's been really hot here at Frog Central. The Frog Wrangler and I have been hanging out next to the air conditioning and keeping cool. Her trips outside are short and to the point. I made a trip to Walmart yesterday to stock up on her treats so she's happier than ever. Today I'm resting - doing anything in this heat just drains you. Maybe I could get one of the flying frogs to flap their wings to keep me cool....

This frog collectible is a hand carved frog from Indonesia. These flying frogs are some of my favorites. The painting is very unique. What I've been able to gather is that these frogs are made to be put into the garden to act as a version of scarecrow - scaring away both real predators and evil spirits. I do not have a date for this item.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004