Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Frog of the Day


Holiday Frog
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino
Happy 4th of July!! Time to get out, have a barbecue and enjoy some fireworks. More bad news for the music world - Boots Randolph died last night - his yakity yak sax has been silenced. If you think you've never heard his playing I'd bet you would be wrong. Just listen to the theme music to Benny Hill - that Boots. He was 80 years old. Also, Hy Zaret died at the age of 99. He wrote the words to one of the most widely recorded songs ever - Unchained Melody. Feeling a bit like an obit column today. I looked up the recipe for funnel cakes yesterday and it looked easy enough so thought I'd give it a try. I fired up the deep fryer and it was too easy to make such a good treat! The recipe made lots of batter so I think today I'll be making my own rather than buying them at the park. The Frog Wrangler doesn't enjoy the sound of the fireworks, but since she's lost most of her hearing I don't think she'll bat an eye tonight. Hope you enjoy your day!

This frog collectible is a holiday frog. He comes with six different outfits in which he can get dressed. This 4th of July three-piece costume is one of those outfits. When the holiday is over and the costume comes off he is a relaxed frog wearing a straw hat. He was made in China according to a sticker on the bottom and distributed through Johnson Smith Company in Florida. I received this last year at Christmas time. His outfits are for Valentine's Day, Easter, St. Patrick's Day, Halloween, 4th of July, and Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004