Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Frog of the Day

The weatherman is calling for rain and the way my joints are screaming this morning I tend to think he may be right. It took quite a bit of doing to get upright this morning. I've been reading about a new green campaign that's circulating around the net and which surprised me quite a bit. It's about our computers and just how much energy they waste. But the I thought yeah, I turn my computer on first thing in the morning and it's the last thing off at night. And for most of the day it just sits here doing nothing but sucking up and wasting energy. So the campaign is asking people to turn off their computer when they finish browsing. It doesn't hurt the computer to turn it on and off - nor does it take lots more energy to start it up. A different campaign is going on to do the same with lights in the house - if you leave a room turn it off. Now how many times did we hear that from our mother's growing up?

I'm really excited about today's frog because it is my first Fenton. This is White Opal Satin and is handpainted with Swarovski crystal accents. It is part of their "Natural Animal Series" and was introduced spring 2007. Fenton has had a couple different series' of frogs all in the different colors that they produce for that year. Some can still be found on sites like eBay, but complete sets are extremely rare unless you've been collecting them right along. I received this one last month while I was on vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004