Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Frog of the Day


Chinese Money Frog
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino.
It's supposed to a record breaker here today heat-wise. They're calling for 88 - 90 degrees. So the air conditioning has already been turned on for the day. The Frog Wrangler and I headed out a bit early this morning - I wanted to check the hibiscus hedge - green shoots are coming up around the base but I couldn't see any green on the plants themselves. I was worried that the cold snap last month killed off the adult plants, but thankfully there are lots of green buds all up and down the hedge row. On the way back in I checked out the tiger lily plants and they seemed to have revived and growing good. Frogs are good luck!

This frog item is called a Chinese Money Frog. In Asian cultures frogs are the symbol of prosperity. That's why in a lot of Chinese restaurants you will find a frog near the cash register. This one was bought at World Market and has a made in China stamp on the bottom. I do not have a date for this item, but they are readily available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004