Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Frog of the Day


Pot Bellys - Salto Dart Frog
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino.
It's been an early day here at Frog Central. The Frog Wrangler wasn't up at 7 this morning so I had to wake her up to go out. She really hates that and it tends to throw her off for the rest of the morning. So after we came back inside I let her crawl into my lap and curl up and take a little nap. That seemed to pacify her. Watched Amazing Race last night. That is one of my favorite shows. Down to the last 4 teams and with the race coming to a close I'm rooting for Danny and Oswald to cross the finish line first. Late last night I listened to Harry Shearer on the radio doing his Le Show. He was broadcasting from New Orleans last night and the fact the levee system is still a problem is just mind boggling.

This frog collectible is another in the Zoologicals set from Harmony Ball's Pot Bellys collection. This is Salto and he is a dart frog. Salto means jump in Portuguese Salto is a Strawberry Dart Frog, so named because of the color of their skin. This is one of the smaller dart frogs being less than an inch long. It's amazing how each of these dart frogs have such different breeding habits. The Strawberry Dart Frog soaks their skin and water and then sits on their eggs to keep them moist. These frogs are found mostly in Panama, Nicaragua and Costa Rica. I received this as a gift in 2006. The inside compartment has a small peanut and the rubber stamp is a frog outline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004