Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Frog of the Day


Mary Meyer - Lily Pad Frog
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino.
I really am a creature of routine - guess that will serve me well when the Alzheimer's kicks in. Well, when it kicks in full time. Pancakes for breakfast and the Sunday morning talk shows and newspapers. It ended up raining all day yesterday and through the night. Things are bright now but they are calling for more and heavier rain for today. In the lull the male cardinal was hanging out in the hibiscus calling for his mate. If you've never heard them, they have such a loud and distinct call. And they like to call out at first light! He's become my alarm clock. I actually had to wake the Frog Wrangler up this morning to go out, and she went right back to sleep (where she still is - although one eye opens now and then to be sure I'm still nearby).

This frog collectible is from Mary Meyer. They make lots of frog items - from plush to hand puppets. This is more of a plush statuary - called Lily Pad Frog. It has a heavy bean bag bottom to hold it upright, the frog hanging on to the stem of the lily pad, which has a beautiful white flower blossoming out the top. This dates to 2001 and is item number 42884. Do check out the Mary Meyer website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004