Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Frog of the Day


Frog Indian in Canoe
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino.
Did you remember to change you clocks? Here at Frog Central, the Frog Wrangler and I had been getting up pretty early anyway, so today we actually got to sleep in about a half hour before she was up wanting to go out. The cardinals were playing in the hibiscus hedge and over the last week I've been watching the day lilies start to push through the layer of leaf mulch. Of course yesterday the neighbor behind me spent the day out with his mower - it has a bagger and he vacuums his lawn! He must really be annoyed with me. I've got little branches and twigs down all over the yard, still a lot of leaves from last fall, and it's going to stay that way until the lawn guy shows up. The temps have been really nice and I am looking forward to taking down some of the winterizing plastic - but I think I'll hold on for just a lit bit longer because I think we've got one more cold snap to go.

This frog collectible is of an Frog Indian rowing his canoe. I stopped for gas and the station had a little gift shop (quite a popular thing here in the midwest). This is one of a pair - the other is a Frog Indian Maiden. I do not have a specific date for this item, but it was purchased around 1999. It was made in China and is made of polyresin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004