Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Frog of the Day

It's another cold day, but thankfully no snow. I couldn't imagine the near 100 inches of snow that they're having in upstate New York. I watched Lost last night and tonight Survivor returns. This morning was a tough morning getting up - my back was giving me shouts to remind me it was there. The Frog Wrangler gets me motivated and moving - especially when she has to go out!!

This frog collectible is from Boyds Bears & Friends' The Wee Folkstone Collection's Ribbit & Co. It is called Frogmorton and Tad... Fly Fishing. It is style number 27402. All the pieces are numbered. This is edition 1E and is number 3090. All Boyds pieces have a bears paw print on them along with their copyright symbol and date. On this piece it is located on the right side of the frame and dates to 1998. The detail is always amazing on these pieces. The book that Tad is reading is entitled Fly Fishing 101. The picture frame is of them on their fishing trip which can be replaced with a personal picture, but I like this one best.
From the box:

Working hard at relaxation... this fine Fly-Casting Duo is contemplating the next catch and the latest fish story, while practicing their belief that a bad day of fishin' is better than a good day at work. Everyone should spend a little quality time down by the old mill stream. Of course, Frogmorton & Tad are luckier than most of us... if they don't catch anything, the bait becomes supper!! Yuck!!

Favorite Quote: "It was always the biggest fish I caught that got away." -Eugene Field

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004