Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Frog of the Day

I ended up spending much of yesterday cleaning in my office. One of the last bastions of moving boxes. Finally made it through and cleared a lot of items out - trash day this next week is going to be a lot of fun. Today I'm going to put the finishing touches on the room for now. It's good to have some room to move around! Now I'm waiting on the cable guy - you know how that story goes, I'll be there sometime today. In the meantime I can jump around to Telemann's Die Relinge - The Frogs.

This frog item is music! Telemann wrote the Concerto in A major, called "Die Relinge" (The Frogs) and was written around 1725. Telemann tries to mimic the voice of the frogs using the same note on two different strings, one string is stopped (using a finger to press on the string) and the other string is open (no fingers used). The same note. This recording is from Decca records, recorded in 1998.

Update: Here's the first movement of The Frogs by Telemann. It's about 5 minutes long - Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004