Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Frog of the Day


Cairn Studios - Henson
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino.
I received two great items in the mail yesterday. One was today's frog collectible, the other was a Mrs. Prindables apple. I can't wait to try the triple chocolate caramel covered apple. I've given these apples as gifts for years and I'm told their great, but this is the first one I've received. Thanks Mom! It was supposed to rain here all day yesterday and since my car window decided to drop a couple inches and not go up I got the car into the garage. So to all of you berating me because I've lived here for a year and had not been to the garage - I can now say I've been. It's a garage - no big deal. Now will someone please go get my car so I can run errands today.......

This frog collectible was a recent eBay purchase and I got it for less than $10. Great considering it's list price is $75 and can be found on the internet for an average of $30. This piece is from Cairn Studios and is called Henson (in honor of Jim Henson). The frog is, of course, Kermit. The gnome, Henson, is reading a book that says "Once upon a time there was a frog named Kermit." This piece is dated 1984, it is style number 1059, and this piece is edition number 98. The artist is Tom Clark and this piece is signed by the creator. Henson, introduced in 1984, was retired by Cairn Studios in 1992. A great buy and a nice addition to the collection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004