Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Frog of the Day


Otagiri - Frog Bathroom Cup
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino.
Yesterday sure was a busy day! It was the big Appleknocker Festival here in town. It was a very overcast day and did spit a little rain here and there, but it did not dampen the day at all. I did get to try the locally famous apple dumplings and it was indeed delicious. They make thousands of them for the festival and usually sell out before the day is over! There were a lot of activities for the kids, as well as a lot of local groups that had booths. It took several hours just to walk around see as much as I could. Of course the different food booths were also great. All in all, a lot of fun and a good time. Today I'm off to buy a chicken from a local chicken barbeque fund raiser. For a small town, Tidy Town seems to have something going on all the time.

This frog collectible is another in the series of Otagiri pottery that I collect. This piece is a bathroom cup. Designed by Mary Ann Baker and dating to the early 1980's, these pieces, as well as most Otagiri pottery, is highly collectible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004