Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Frog of the Day


Otagiri - Frog Bank
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino.
I can't believe it's friday already. This week has flown by. I have to bite the bullet and go grocery shopping today. Ugh! I miss my being able to shop on-line and having the local grocery store deliver. The things you have to get used to in a small town - lol!

This frog item arrived by post yesterday! It is from Otagiri by designer Mary Ann Baker. This item is a bank. It matches the Otagiri pattern that I collect. It dates to early 1980's. I have done some research on Otagiri trying to find the name of the pattern, but all I can find is that Otagiri was sold to Enesco in 1994 and then Enesco dropped the Otagiri name. Otagiri items are very collectible but they need to meet a couple criteria. First, they should not have any chips or cracks. Secondly, they are more desirable if they have the gold Otagiri label on the bottom. Collecting all depends on what you like and want though - don't collect something with an eye to sell it, but collect what pleases you. You'll be a lot happier in the long run.

1 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I received this set (the same line as your bank) of 6 mugs, teapot, sugar and creamer, 2candlesticks, butter and cracker dishes as a gift. All are in perfect condition and most have their seals. The pots have all lids and I even have the little plastic spoon for the sugar dish in original packaging. Is there a website to tell me what they are worth? I don't really collect these and want to put them up for sale. Please let me know. My email is Mrs_skittles1981@yahoo.com. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004