Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Frog of the Day


Frog Fantasy - Nature Artist
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino.
Well, it's been an exciting day here already today. I went to bed late last night because I made Nestle's chocolate chip bars according to the package directions - unfortunately my pan wasn't the right size so they are a little gooey (read uncooked) in the middle. So I was on a sugar rush and could not sleep. This was good fortune for The Frog Wrangler who jumped up on the bed and got petted for over an hour. I finally drifted off to sleep only to be awoken at 4 a.m. with thunder so loud that I just about jumped out of my skin! For over an hour and a half there were numerous lightning strikes per second. We also received 7 inches of rain in 2 hours. The power went out about 5:30 and just came back on a bit ago. The internet wasn't available till 9:30 this morning. We have roads that have become lakes and rain is forecast for all day. It's going to be a fun one!

Speaking of the power of nature, this frog collectible is from Frog Fantasy, the line by Westland Giftware that has been profiled here for some time. This piece is called Nature Artist - hey you don't think those ladybugs got those spots all by themselves did you? Handcrafted in China, this piece dates to 1995.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004