Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: eBay Purchase Gone Bad

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

eBay Purchase Gone Bad

I have had really good luck with purchasing items off of e-bay. But every now and again you come across a bad purchase. That is one reason I usually restrict my bid to as low as possible. The following item was purchased for $1.50, of course the postage was the usual extortion.

First, the item was listed as follows: "This has been used for a display so it is in great shape."
I guess I should of asked them their definition of great shape....

100_3480

It looks pretty good from afar, doesn't it? Here's a couple close-ups:

100_3481
Note the loose strings around the mouth area. I believe this came from stitching up the piece. The lower section of the mouth the seam is not right. Seams like this appear all over this piece. Here's a picture of a seam on the leg.
100_3483

Now, you could say I'm being picky. But that's my point. I am a picky buyer. And if I had of known the truth of the condition of this item, I would not have purchased it. Michigan J. Frog items are becoming highly collectible since Warner Brothers dropped him as their mascot and it's a shame that some people are willing to take advantage of that. Needless to say, the person who sold this item will not get positive feedback on their e-bay profile.

And that's my 2 cents!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004