Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Frog of the Day

Yesterday Blogger was down most of the day, today Flickr - the site that holds the photos - has been having problems. Well, that's the way it goes with technology. In other news, we got some rain last evening. I was sitting in my chair with the Frog Wrangler when I heard the rain starting to fall. So I jumped up, ran around and closed all the windows and as I pulled that last window closed it stopped raining. And yes, as I opened up the last window it started again...

This frog collectible is from the National Wildlife Federation. This is a Red-Eyed Tree Frog that sits on the corner of a door frame or mantle. It has a sticky tape on the inside to afix it. It is made of ceramic. I do not have a date for this item.

I won't reproduce the entire paper that came with this item but here are a few choice quotes:

There are more than 400 species of tree frogs.
Part of this tiny amphibian's Latin name means "beautiful tree nymph."
It lives it's entire life in the tops of trees and descends to the ground only to mate.
The female is 3 times larger than the male, whom she carries around on her back while she finds a place to lay her eggs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004