Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Frog of the Day


Fake Artesania Rinconada Frog
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino.
I like all my froggies here at Frog Central. But if you are buying one that is a collectible, be sure you know what you are getting. Billed as an Artesania Rinconada - a highly collectible piece that are handcrafted in Uruguay. The pieces are hand carved from a flat mold, then hand-painted and fired in several complex processes. They are decorated with real gold and platinum accents. This may look like one, but it is not. It does not have the smooth glass-like glazing that you see on the Artesania pieces. And of course, the made in China sticker on the bottom is also a dead give away. It is important to do your research and become familiar with highly collectible items so as not to be fooled. Some fakes are really good - this one was not. I received it as a gift and it will go on my shelf as one of my treasured frogs.

If you would like to see some real Artesania Rinconada frogs, please go to The Frog Store (link in right hand column).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004