Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Frog of the Day


Indonesian Frog Flip Toy
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino.
Awoke to a very cold day today. Several times in the night I could hear ice hitting the bedroom window. Brrrrr! The Frog Wrangler and I did not want to get up this morning.

This frog is a flip toy. You squeeze the two wooden rods and the frog flips over a string on the other end. This is a wooden toy that was made in Indonesia. Throughout Southeast Asia frogs are considered good luck and bringers of fortune. That's why when you go to a Chinese restaurant there is often a frog somewhere near the counter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004